Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dimitar Berbatov strikes Golden boot







Dimitar berbatov with his prize.


After holding the Premier League trophy aloft, Dimitar Berbatov has now got his hands on a personal trophy for his efforts during the title-winning campaign.
The Bulgarian’s 20 goals were enough to share top spot in the scorers’ chart with City’s former Red Carlos Tevez and pick up the Golden Boot award from Barclays.
In a season where the classy striker hit three hat-tricks, including an incredible five-goal show against Blackburn, the prize is certainly well merited.
“On a personal level I’m delighted to win this award,” he told ManUtd.com. “To finish as the joint-top scorer in the best league in the world is a huge honour and something I’ll always be very proud of. I love scoring goals and providing entertainment for the fans – I hope I’ve done that this season.
“Most importantly, though, I feel happy knowing that my goals helped the team win the league. We made history this season by winning the title for the 19th time and it was a great feeling to be involved in that achievement. Individual awards are fine, but they mean nothing if you don’t win trophies as well.
“I want to thank the United fans for their support and, of course, my team-mates, who make it very easy for me to enjoy my time here and score goals.”
Source: manutd.com
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment