Sunday, April 17, 2011

Gareth Bale win PFA Player of the Year




Tottenham Gareth Bale has been named Professional Footballers' Association player of the year.


Bale has been in excellent form for Spurs in the Premier League campaign and the Champions League, becoming one of the most talked about players in the world in the process.


Bale beat six other players at the vaunted prize and became the fourth of Wales to be honest, following in the footsteps of Ian Rush, Mark Hughes and Ryan Giggs.


"I'm more than happy to truth,''he said." This is a huge price, and is a great honor to receive, especially from colleagues. This is truly an honor if you look at the names who have won before and will just go "wow" actually.


"There has been too Welsh to win the trophy, but it is great and works great for me personally. And not just for me, is for all my colleagues who helped me throughout the season and is a bit for everyone really. ''


Bale had time to adjust to life at White Hart Lane after leaving Southampton, with his first year marked by injuries and the inability to obtain a first team start.


However, recovery from extreme wealth was simply spectacular and he insists he never doubted his ability to reach the summit. "I think this is a bit of everything really,''he said.


"At first it was played really hard and always believed in me that if you run on your computer - which eventually became -. What would be able to show what I can do that kind of happened and never really looked back from there.


"Playing a good team with good players definitely helped me and the guys were fantastic, the director has been fantastic, giving me my chance, and that's something I want to improve.''


Tottenham, Harry Redknapp, said Bale to Spurs as a major victory after he became the fourth player from Tottenham to win the crown, following in the footsteps of Pat Jennings, Clive Allen and David Ginola.


And the director has taken the wheel to join the players over the Spurs legend. "It's great for him, he deserves it,''said Redknapp." It is a good price for him to win and I could not be happier.


"There are many people who could have won. Hey, you look at the people who won by Gareth to win such a young age should be the happiest moment of his life. It's unbelievable."


When asked if he could be so big Spurs, Redknapp said: "Yes, of course, he can, he is already on the path to it is a big boy as I say, that's what the "..." more important


Bale has been nominated for the PFA young player of the year, but earned Jack Wilshere Arsenal.


The 19-year-old, drew applause from the fans and experts, for his performances this season in a campaign that was seen as a key player for England's senior team.


"This is my first full season and is a huge price, especially my teammates,''he said." It's incredible. I am very proud to be the fifth recipient of the Arsenal, which is good to keep this story going.


"Arsenal are a good club to bring youth through and continue to prove so I want to thank the director as well.''


Wilshere has been considered one of the brightest talents to come from the youth ranks at Arsenal in recent years and this time last year on loan to Bolton has been perfecting his talent. It is now a full member of Arsene Wenger's team, showing skills and the UN that belies his age.


"I'm a little surprised,''he said." I always knew I could do, but it was a surprise how he came early. I am delighted to be on the team to win a prize, so I have to go far and hopefully we can win something this year.''


World Cup final referee Howard Webb has won the PFA Merit and was recognized for his accomplishments this year, along with long-term assistants Darren Cann and Mike Muller.


"It was a bit of a surprise really,''said Webb." It is certainly an honor to be recognized by such a body believed to Professional Footballers' Association. It means a lot.


"It is great that the playback side of the game has taken this opportunity to celebrate what has happened to us last year, the two finals we've done and I'm very proud of it.''


No comments:

Post a Comment